IST cube is a venture firm dedicated to funding and supporting science and deep tech based startups, primarily in Austria. We are all enthusiastic about the potential of science and technology to solve tomorrow’s problems, and accordingly we invest in and nurture spin off companies from scientific institutions.
We seek to further extend the capacity and diversity of our team, and are currently looking for an
Associate (f/m/x, full-time)
As an associate, your main responsibilities are to ensure a continuous deal flow of startups in the domain of your expertise, and support their growth:
- Analyse investment propositions
- Assess technology, market, team, and IP of early-stage technology startups
- Build relationships to academic institutions, entrepreneurial scientists, and our advisory network
- Draft investment memoranda
- Participate in investment negotiations
- Provide ongoing support to portfolio companies
- Passion to help science based companies develop and thrive
- Desire to work in an English speaking, dynamic environment
- PhD degree in natural or formal sciences, medicine or engineering
- Solid business acumen, MBA a plus
- Excellent English, German a plus
- Work permit for Austria required
Why Work with Us?
IST cube strives to provide an exceptional workplace with manifold opportunities, facilitating an encouraging atmosphere for bright minds with a hands-on attitude. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with international experience. IST cube’s office is located at the state-of-the art technology park IST PARK next to the internationally renowned research institute IST Austria, amidst the beautiful Vienna woods, and a 25 minutes commute from Vienna.
The minimum annual gross salary for a full-time employment is € 50,000.-. Depending on education, qualification and experience of the applicant, this position will provide appropriate overpayment.
How to Apply
Please send your application including a CV to
In case of questions, please contact Melanie Leisser, team assistant, +43 2243 9000-1140.
Notice on data protection: by submitting your application, you consent to us processing and storing your data and the submitted documents for the recruiting process. IST cube employs Google Workspace, thereby emails and documents sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be processed by Google LLC and its sub-processors, in accordance with European data protection law. Your data will not be shared with any other parties and you can request to delete your data at any time.